Sunday, July 25, 2010

Boudoir Photography...Empowering Women

I have to admit it...I was terrified at my first boudoir session. I thought to myself, "Now this could be a total crash and burn. What the heck am I doing trying this?!" As the session got rolling and I chatted with a fabulously gorgeous sweet client, I found both of us relaxing and laughing and oohing and ahhing over pearls, heels and lace. We put on some rockin' music and got started. And I soon found myself saying, "This is a blast! I love it!!" My fingers couldn't take the pictures fast enough to keep up with the ideas and creativity sparking in my head and heart. I was absolutely moved. Inside and out. But even better was the feeling that both she and I walked away with.

The female form is beautiful. Absolutely stunning. God's most incredible creation. The art, curve, line and flow of the female body is overwhelmingly mesmerizing and I was blown away to find that I was blessed to be a part in empowering another woman towards the discovery of her own beauty. As women, we are so hard on ourselves, and the Hollywood status quo has us all feeling a bit defeated. Tragic!!!! And false. Utterly false. We are women! Hear us roar!

Boudoir photography has changed. Big time. Initial thoughts often bring to mind scandalous, cheesy hard core images with bad hair and overdone makeup. But no more. Boudoir photography is making a comeback. It is now a classy, elegant affair, a playful journey in self-awareness and personal strength and a celebration of the human form, the femme fatale, and the true deep love that is meant to be shared with that one special person meant for you.

I am in love with boudoir photography. To see a woman look at herself for the first time and feel beautiful, confident, perfect. To capture the depth of creation with the bare essentials of the soul and the vulnerable power of the body. I'm amazed. And overwhelmed. And I'll admit it, I feel beautiful and empowered as I look through the lens. I am so incredibly excited to see where this will take me, and hopeful that I will have more opportunities to empower other women as to their own unique beauty and fortitude along the way.

Here are a few sneak peeks from a recent session. Inquire for more information and ideas for groom's gifts and other fun projects! Blogs will be limited on this particular topic for the client's privacy, but opportunities to meet up and review portfolios in person are available to those interested!

PS. And yes, I may have a slight obsession with killer shoes. They knock me out and I can't get enough of them!









No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips