Friday, September 27, 2013

Orchestrated Stylized Shoots: Seaglass & Mist

New England. My homeland. My heart. There's just something different about the ocean up there. The rocky coastline, the working fishermen, the stormy surf. It's a rougher, darker, more aggressive and captivating ocean than what I experience here in Virginia. I love my home now, but my soul always sways back towards New England. So naturally, when Chelsea told me she wanted to do a seaside-inspired shoot that followed a simple story line of a Captain headed out to sea and his wistful bride, I was all ears. And all models...as I just happened to have the most beautiful friends ever, so I lucked out that this shoot was a mini high school reunion for me as well. Double win!

And one of my very favorite high school friends, Jen, led the charge as our local stylist. She is the fabulous lady planner extraordinaire behind J Splendid Event Design and Coordination.

So where to start? I think I'll let the images do the talking.







The details from this shoot blew my mind. I must give a shout out to CereusArt for providing the perfect touches here and there to really help bring everything together. And the vintage china and furniture rentals were such a uniquely-inspired fit. It was so exciting to work with vendors that really developed their part of the story to the greatest extent. We spent the drop-off period with our jaws on the floor as they unloaded amazing item after amazing item. And to top it off, I confess to raiding my Mother's cottage for a little extra local flair, as being a local artist to Old Lyme, CT, she had no shortage of vintage items to share.















That last pic gave you a little peek at the tasty goodness that was Zest Fresh Pastry. And yes, it was real. And YES, we ate it all. DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN. These ladies. I have no words.













Some more portrait fun at the beautiful Captain Palmer House in Stonington, CT:











And of course, we can't forget the amazing, hand-painted stationery. It was breathtaking.





And after having our creative spirits lit into fiery awesome, we took it one step further and went down to the seaside lighthouse and brought this "little" guy to play:



Meet Gunther. The world's biggest and most photogenic dog.





It really was the most perfect day. I look back on the images now and my heart is just overflowing. I'm so happy to have been a part of it and so happy to have seen such dear friends be loved on and admired. They more than deserved it. I am humbled. It was a perfect day.







 photo katysig_zps9f065155.png

Our dazzling Vendors!

Concept Design | Chelsea LaVere | www.orchestratedshoots.com
Event Coordination | J. Splendid Events | www.jsplendid.com
Venue | The Captain Palmer House | www.stoningtonhistory.org
Stationery | Bottle and Cork Designs | www.bottleandcorkdesigns.com
Desserts | Zest Fresh Pastry | www.zestfreshpastry.com
Furniture | Sassafras Vintage Rentals | www.sassafrasvintage.com
Tableware | Rent Vintage China | www.rentvintagechina.com
Hair & Makeup | Antonio Hair Design | www.antoniohd.com
Nautical Details | CereusArt | www.cereusart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips