Sunday, August 1, 2010

Life with Purpose...The Sweetest Start

I had the incredible honor of watching Anna Hammond & Andrew Tull get married this weekend. I have grown to love the both of them deeply. It amazes me to think we met only a few months ago and I'm overwhelmed at the blessing of knowing two such beautiful people. I've blogged before on the depth of their love and commitment to each other, so I'll keep it short and sweet today.

Andrew & Anna's ceremony touched my heart. I've seen my share of ceremonies, different styles, moods, lengths, traditions...but mostly they are pretty similar. Andrew & Anna's was not. It was truly exceptional and uniquely heartfelt. Anna & Andrew are wholeheartedly committed to the Lord. They radiate love, peace, grace and true humility as perfect reflections of the depth of their faith. Getting married for them was so much more than exchanging rings. So much more than committing themselves to each other forevermore. So much more than a life to be spent together standing before them. It was first and foremost a commitment before the Lord. To love and cherish each other and to be united together in faith and devotion to the path He has in store for them. And Andrew & Anna weren't afraid to let anyone and everyone know this was their greatest calling together.

They started their ceremony in worship. Together as one, praising the Lord for the moment before them. It was tender and personal and I was captivated and moved to see the power of the Lord around them and to hear their voices raised. Words don't really do it justice.



After they exchanged their rings and said their vows, they took communion. The first act they shared together as a married couple was the Lord's supper. With their heads bowed and their officiant, a personal and dear friend, crying as he read the Word, I found myself struggling to hold back my own tears and amazed at my even being there to share in this moment.

But the most special thing, the most incredibly unique, amazingly powerful moment was this. Their family was invited to the stage to gather around them in prayer. To see their mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, grandmothers and more gathered around. Well, I couldn't hold back the tears then. Generations of faith coming together to pray a blessing over two people they deeply loved and knew were headed on an incredible journey that God had destined for them when they were knit together in their mother's wombs. It was intimate. It was captivating. And it was a powerful statement of faith.



Anna & Andrew, I am so proud of you both. You are truly beautiful people with hearts of gold. God's hand on your life together is evident already and I know He has amazing things in store for you both, individually and together as a married couple. My prayer for you is this: May you hold your hearts steadfast to each other and to the Lord and never lose the remarkable strength and inner grace that God has crafted into your souls. I pray confidently knowing that you will be used in a mighty way for His purpose and praise Him for his thoughtfulness in bringing you together. Thank you for showing me what true love is.

And ps. I cried again while writing this post. I'm going soft!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips