Friday, August 20, 2010

He thought of everything.

Just a quick post tonight before I head downstairs to finally relax after a busy, but amazing week. A lot has happened in my life in the past two weeks: some very, very good, some very, very bad. One thing is absolutely certain: God has thought of everything.

I have heard God's voice, clear as a bell, direct and purposeful, two very distinct times in my life. I have seen His handiwork in a million nooks and crannies of my life, but His voice...only twice. I bet some would say hearing it even once is an overwhelming event, so even here, I am blessed beyond reason. The first was when I first laid eyes on my husband. I've never been a romantic and quite honestly, when I saw him for the first time, I certainly wasn't in the mood to date, much less contemplate marriage. Yet, ringing loud and true, bright and striking, I saw my husband and heard God tell me that I had to meet this man because I was to spend the rest of my life with him. After much persuading on my part with God, a whole heap of embarrassing moments that I'll save for another blog, I finally got the courage (or as I like to think, was pitched forward by a swift heavenly kick from behind) to talk to him, and the rest was history.

In just the past two weeks, I heard God's voice again. This time, with a distinct clarity of comfort and knowing, an affirmation that a door being closed was only an opportunity for Him to open a window. A very big window at that. I heard a very clear no on a very clear question and in obedience I listened and it has brought me a depth of peace and a confidence in knowing I am on the exact path I am meant to be.

I just finished up my first week at an amazing new job. My coworkers are delightful, my boss is charismatic and a powerful woman with a keen sense of business intertwined with a deep heart for the arts, my work is challenging yet void of that stress that sometimes lingers and drips its way into the home after hours. Even the tiniest detail, like being rewarded with a job where the partners like things done just so, and my obsessive need for order and precise execution for the task before me is celebrated and encouraged. Good Lord, He thought of everything. He even knows I have OCD.

Suffice to say, I stand here in awe. I am sure this post seems scattered and has some gaps and holes that leave you wondering. I do this in that same sense of peace knowing that God has asked me to close a chapter in my life with dignity and grace, and I therefore leave some things unanswered because that is between me and Him. But at the heart of my post is this. He thought of everything. The tiniest details of your being are His sweetest thoughts. He cups you in the palm of His hand and isn't satisfied with your life just being ok. He loves you to the point of excellence. Perfection. Exquisite delight. He cares enough to think of everything and to make your life more invigorating and fulfilling than you ever thought possible. The journey may take you down a path you never anticipated, and frankly, don't understand, but at the most amazing moment, you will see. And you will find comfort and awe at hearing His voice.

Lately, I keep playing this great song by Michael Buble over and over and over. In fact, Emily and I are known to be singing at the top of our lungs as we roll down the highway. A few lyrics strike a resonant chord in me, and I smile.

It's a new dawn.
It's a new day.
It's a new life.
For me.
And I'm feeling good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips