Wednesday, September 25, 2013

30 Things: My Relationship with Your Dad

Challenge 3 in 30 Things My Kids Should Know About Me -

Where to begin...


Your Dad is pretty much the polar opposite of me. In the very best way. While I am running at the speed of light, breathless and overwhelmed with a million to do lists, your Dad can stop and just enjoy the moment. While I'm constantly drumming up new ideas to take over the world with my business know-how and creative dream bubbles, your Dad is content to just work hard at his job and provide for his family. He grounds me and reminds me to relax. Stop and smell the roses. Breathe. Your Dad is my anchor. He reminds me to be goofy and that the dishes can wait. He challenges me to make sure my professional goals aren't at the expense of my personal goals. He's quiet and simple and chooses his words wisely. He's a homebody and a loyal friend. He's a good man.

And he's a fantastic father. He loves all of his children so much more than he can ever put into words. I've seen him cry at the hurts, laugh wholeheartedly at the silliest antics, and be patient in ways I simply struggle to comprehend. He is a proud Dad and there's nothing he wouldn't do for his family.

I'd be lying if I said marriage was easy. It's not. Especially ours. Much like most families, we have our own set of circumstances that make walking this journey together uniquely difficult. But at the end of the day, he's there. I'm there. We're there. Our children are our life and I wouldn't have it any other way. He is the best man I've ever met, my soul mate, my best friend. He's your father, and in that, he's given me the greatest gift of all. You.

 photo katysig_zps9f065155.png

Keep up with my progress on this project - Challenge 1: 20 Random Facts HERE and Challenge 2: 3 Fears HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips