Monday, February 27, 2012

Godspeed, Sweet Dreams

I had the great pleasure of celebrating with my friend, Carla, a few weekends ago as she prepares to welcome a little boy into this world. Carla and I have a lot in common, and my heart is overwhelmed with gladness that she will soon be a mama. To say she is radiantly glowing isn't adequate. I am blessed to see and know her beauty, inside and out, every day, but I was absolutely awestruck by what I saw behind the lens. The camera loved her. And as I was editing her images post-shoot, I felt privileged to be a part of capturing the excitement, peace, and expectant hopefulness that spilled out of every image. She was, and is, simply put, stunning. And she's going to be one hell of a mama, don't you agree?







Lyrics from the lullabye below decorate my nursery walls. Every time I sing this song to the boys, I am humbled by what it means to be a mother. And as I celebrate my own little men's 8-month birthday today, I am reminded of these lyrics in anticipation of the amazing memories that Carla will have so very soon. Godspeed, little man.

Dragon tales and the "water is wide"
Pirates sail and lost boys fly
Fish bite moonbeams every night
And I love you

Godspeed, little man
Sweet dreams, little man
Oh my love will fly to you each night on angel's wings
Godspeed
Sweet dreams

The rocket racer's all tuckered out
Superman's in pajamas on the couch
Goodnight moon, will find the mouse
And I love you

Godspeed, little man
Sweet dreams, little man
Oh my love will fly to you each night on angel's wings
Godspeed
Sweet dreams

God bless mommy and match box cars
God bless dad and thanks for the stars
God hears "Amen," wherever we are
And I love you

Godspeed, little man
Sweet dreams, little man
Oh my love will fly to you each night on angels wings
Godspeed
Sweet dreams

The Dixie Chicks


And just for fun...look at my "little 'dids!" (My boss calls me "Katydid," so by him my boys are affectionately referred to as "the little 'dids." Love it!)


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pics, Katy. She is such a glowing momma--and the boys are getting so big! Funny fact: Godspeed is our lullaby for Logan, too. It's so perfect, and I still have a hard time not crying when I sing it to him. We had such a hard time picking out a different song that would be just as perfect when Owen came into our lives.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips