Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Let There be Light!

When I ask you "Does your home get great natural light?" THIS is what I'm talkin' about!



Katherine & Pete are near and dear to my heart for lots of reasons. She was one of my very first brides, her Mama is the sweetest woman ever and a fantastically talented florist (send me a note if you want her info, she's awesomely old school!), and Katherine has continued to support and encourage me long since our first meeting. She's a beautiful person inside and out. She gets art in that artsy way and therefore gets me. She's always been the first to say "Good for you!" and I appreciate that. A lot.

Now we share something else in common. We both have wonderfully, amazingly beautiful children that were welcomed into this world extra early. Being a mommy to a preemie is a very special thing. To say it's scary doesn't even begin to adequately describe what it means to have a child (or in my case, two) in the NICU that gets left behind when you go home. But on the flip side of that fear, guilt, a whole gamut of emotions...there is the miracle of life. These little bodies are such fighters. To see them overcome obstacles and champion through milestones with such heart and gumption...it's indescribable.





Looking at my 'lil 'dids now, I can't even see one tiny trace of being preemies on their chunky butts. As they smile, laugh, crash and crawl, I am overjoyed. Holding tiny Eleanor for the first time, I was shocked to remember that my guys used to be smaller than she was! It seems impossible! I find myself in awe. And very, very grateful.

Welcome to the world, tiny little firecracker, Eleanor! You have awesome parents. And a really cool dog. I know you're going to have that same spirit your Mama has and I can't wait to see you grow up! I love your photos, because the light spilling onto your tiny features reminds me that you are truly a miracle and God's smiling down on you every second of every day with His beautiful light!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips