Wednesday, October 24, 2012

As far as the eye can see...

So remember when I referenced how cotton was going to look even better in a few shorts weeks in this post?

And so it did.





As far as the eye can see. In every direction. (And oddly enough, I found myself hearing the Wicked Witch from Wizard of Oz in my head, going "Poppies! Poppies! Poppies!" and giggling maniacally. If you don't know what I'm talking about, this sentence totally fell flat. If you do...you know exactly what I mean.)

Chelsea of Bit of Ivory Photography asked me awhile back if I wanted to tag along to a cotton field for some play time and of course, I jumped at the chance. And while the fields were perfection, I admit I got a bit sidetracked by our model and her amazing eyes.





But the cool part was, I was playing, so I could get sidetracked however I wanted. And it was so much fun. I did things I don't usually do, played with light and sun and exposure differently. I just did whatever I felt like doing in the moment.













It's important to play. There is no right or wrong. There are no expectations. It's just you. And some cotton. And a beautiful person. In some cotton. And some sun. And you. It's overwhelming, refreshing, inspiring, relaxing. It's playtime. As far as the eye can see...

PS. Major props and amazingness go out to the team at Behind the Veil for their makeup and hair artistry. They always bring their A game to concepts like this and as usual, they rocked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips