Monday, April 22, 2013

Shutterbug Photography Series: Independent Studies

My Shutterbug love child was birthed out of a deep desire to empower others to achieve better results with their cameras. As a parent, as an artist, as a human being, there is nothing more frustrating than having a high expectation for something special that falls flat or even worse, seems to put up immovable road blocks wherever you turn. Seeing the frustration and disappointment in the faces of friends and peers in their lackluster results bugged me. And as a helper, my mama bear teaching instinct kicked in. And the Shutterbug Photography Series was born.

I've now hosted several small group Basics classes, and just recently announced my June 9th Shootout event for my graduates (hit me up if you're coming, Shutterbug peeps!). And now a new and exciting feature has been picking up pace over the last several months and it's been so much fun for me and I hope to see it continue to gain momentum.

I've been offering one-on-one independent study sessions for awhile, but more recently, they've been working to meet two particular needs. On the one hand, I have those that are perhaps not as comfortable in the group setting or learn better in a direct format, and on the other hand, I've had students that have completed the Basics course and are looking to push themselves a bit further down the road and want to fine tune what they've learned and tackle their unique challenges. In both cases, I'm over the moon and enjoy every second. I love teaching! Especially when it comes to art, because the best part is watching creatives discover their own tastes and manners of expression, and watching their vision jump off from where my technical knowledge ended and their personal art begins. Best job in the world, right?

My latest Shutterbug-in-training very kindly let me take a few images of her while we played this past weekend. She dug in deeper to her art and where she's hoping it takes her and I got to play with my new 85mm. Win! Thanks Ashley for being a willing model and so excited to see where your photography is headed! Oh, and before my playtime shots, here's one just for fun...Ashley and I acting out our teacher/student relationship at the last HRC event. ;)



And now for the pretty lady herself:







 photo katysig_zps9f065155.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips