Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Orchestrated Stylized Shoots: Union

We all know I'm a total literary nerd. If you follow me on Goodreads, you know I inhale books and can find pleasure in just about any genre, no matter how lengthy, or honestly, how lame. I'll read just about anything. It's one of the few ways I can successfully disconnect from my to-do list and completely lose myself in something mindless and not task-oriented.

All that being said, when Chelsea told me that there was a Frank Lloyd Wright-designed house right here in Virginia Beach, I just about fell over. In just the past year, I read one of the best books I've seen in awhile, and one that came to my lap quite unannounced and unexpected. Loving Frank by Nancy Horan was a book that surprised me, broke my heart, challenged me and ultimately instilled in me a great admiration for the genius of Frank Lloyd Wright. So, when Union was born, I was more than a bit giddy to know we were going to be at the Cooke House, right here in Virginia Beach, connecting intimately with the legacy and design of one of America's greatest contributors to the architectural world.

As usual, our participating vendors, led by the vision and styling of Isha Foss Events, far exceeded our expectations and brought new life to a classic design that in true Frank Lloyd Wright form, paid homage to his craving for linear and geometric design, while also brandishing a seamless fit with the surrounding nature. And while we tucked ourselves away in a still mostly unknown little pocket built into the side of a sand dune, we went back in time and found ourselves wholly immersed in his design and inspiration.

 photo katysig_zps9f065155.png



































A big thank you to our fabulous creatives!

Concept Design | Chelsea LaVere | www.orchestratedshoots.com
Event Design & Styling | Isha Foss Events | www.ishafossevents.com
Venue | The Cooke House | www.flwrightbeachhouse.com
Stationery | The Girl Tyler | www.thegirltyler.com
Florals | Isha Foss Events | www.ishafossevents.com
Bridal Attire | Ava Clara Couture Bridal | www.avaclarabridal.com
Menswear | Dan Ryan’s for Men | www.danryansformen.com
Hair & Makeup | Behind the Veil Studios | www.behindtheveilstudio.com
Cake | Patti Cakes | patticakesinc.net
Transportation | Orange Peel Transportation | www.orangepeeltransportation.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips