Thursday, July 3, 2014

The Chosen Few: Heather & Greg AKA When Hedgehogs Marry

Heather. Where to start. A tried and true friend, a blessing, a bright spot of humor to my life. I love the gal. And when she asked me to photograph her wedding to her absolutely perfect fit in every, single way, Greg, I was over the moon.

Heather & Greg are a special breed. Heather is not-so-secretly obsessed over British life in all its many facets of tea, the Queen, Kate and some really odd looking, but strangely tasty candies. She loves Doctor Who, Downton Abbey, the Lord and....hedgehogs. Like I said, kindred spirit. And likewise, if Heather was cloned in the male form, it would be Greg. He has his own collection of goodies and is fantastically sweet. They are a perfect fit for each other.

So, hedgehogs. Heather decided to give little squishy hedgehogs as wedding favors to her guests. As Somer and I were playing with our set that she of course set aside for me (not for my kids...for me...ha), we had a lightbulb moment. We were going to tell the story of their wedding through the hedgehogs' eyes. Normally, this would be ultimately cheesy, but for Heather & Greg, I couldn't think of anything more perfect for their awesome sense of humors.  Somer, being Somer, grabbed this project and dug in with full force. The outcome was brilliant from start to finish.

Without further ado...when hedgehogs marry.




The method behind the madness! Seriously - everyone was in on making this work! 











 photo katysig_zps9f065155.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips