Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Little Things


This is my favorite picture from Heather & Tiff's July 3rd wedding at the beautiful Talbot Hall in Norfolk, VA. Really, it's nothing crazy. No deep artistic composition. No impressive photo editing on my part. No stunning light. It's a candid snapshot. But I love it.

Why?

This picture screams Heather & Tiff to me. Love, love, love those two. They know how to laugh. And laugh hard. Heather looks stunning in this picture. Because she is truly at ease, doing what she does best. Laugh with her Tiff. Happy day.

That's why I like it. Love it. It's the little things sometimes. It needs to be the little things most times, but we all know we get lost in life. Lost in crisis. Lost in time flying by. Lost in being lost. And we miss these key moments. Of simplicity. A good laugh on the most special day of your life. 30 seconds that were absolutely crystalline. Perfect. Unrestrained. Unreserved. Unpracticed. The real you. And you're beautiful.

Congratulations Heather & Tiff! Thank you for reminding me to laugh. A lot.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, now I'm in tears!!!! I just found this link going back on a few things I've missed over the past week...you are truly amazing and still can't stop looking at my photographs! My only complaint is that you are TOO GOOD & MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO PICK MY "FAVES"...every picture is perfect! And you are right on - we love to laugh & this picture captures our happiness perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips