Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Ashley and Chris: The Modified First Look

When meeting with prospective clients, I always take the opportunity to encourage a First Look. For those not in the know, this is a relatively new approach to wedding photography that's been popularized over the last few years, where the bride and groom see each other before the ceremony and accomplish most of their portraits in a more relaxed setting before the guests arrive and the wedding day timeline kicks into high gear. Beyond its practicality, it can be the most intimate and poignant moment of the day. But it's not for everyone. And that's ok!

An available alternative that I'm seeing pop up more and more is The Modified First Look. While it does not offer the opportunity to accomplish the bulk of the bridal party images that a true First Look brings, it does preserve the cherished tradition of the bride and groom not seeing each other before the ceremony, while also giving them a private moment to collect their thoughts and revel in the journey they are about to embark upon together. I've done Modified First Looks a few times before and they were exceptionally sweet and fun.





My most recent Modified First Look was just over a week ago with Ashley and Chris and I have to say it goes down in my history as one of the most intimate and touching moments I've ever had the opportunity of sharing with my clients turned friends turned family. Ashley and Chris wrote each other love notes, which they read back to back, and then they had their Pastor pray a blessing over them as they committed their wedding day and lives together to God. It was beautiful.









If you're not feeling comfortable with the idea of a First Look, don't lose heart! There are a variety of ways to create a special moment with your loved one while also holding fast to the traditions that are important to you. I'm thrilled to be able to "meet my clients half way" with the Modified First Look and am always excited to do whatever I can to make to sure their wedding day experience is perfect in every way. And I'm sure I stand alongside with most other photographers who feel the same way. All you have to do is ask! We're here for you.

 photo katysig_zps9f065155.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips