Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Allison & Anais - Cape Charles Rustic Barn Wedding

You all know how much I love my clients. Each and every one is such a blessing to me in their own unique ways and the journey that we walk together as we head towards their wedding day is one that I cherish beyond anything I can properly articulate. Allison and Anais are no exception. They are, simply put, good people. The kind of people you are happy to be around, happy to serve, happy to know. I again marvel at my great blessing in being a part of such a special time in their lives. And struggle to properly express my happiness for them in words.



They are meant for each other. There's no other way to say it. It's a beautiful thing.







Their wedding was a simple affair. It had all of the details and delicate touches of a much larger event, but somehow felt small and intimate in this perfect moment in time kind of way. I remember Somer and I looking at each other and going "This is how you do it right." Every bit of the celebration, from the homemade pies to the homegrown flowers to the hay bales and patchwork quilts, the sweet tea and cowgirl boots, it was a hearty reflection of all things good and of people who love and are loved.























Lots of exciting moments to share from the day, but a special tidbit that's worth mention is that this fabulous homegrown venue is in the process of working itself towards becoming a regular home to weddings and other special events. It's in the very infant phases of creation, so keep your ears to the ground and consider this your top secret peek into what's coming to Cape Charles and Eastern Shore weddings sometime in the very near future! This post is a bit more detail-heavy because I'm super thrilled to share this great little spot with you.



Allison and Anais (and Abigail!), I have no doubt that your life together will be full of merriment, love and good stuff. Thank you for letting me share in your journey!

 photo katysig_zps9f065155.png





Wedding Location: Cape Charles, VA (Venue sharing to come later!) ;)
Hair and Makeup: Behind the Veil
Wedding Gown: Jim Hjelm, JLM Couture

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips